<< BACK TO MAIN PAGE
Quality in Manufacturing
An effective Enterprise Manufacturing Execution and Enterprise Quality Management software platform drives product improvements and helps to build quality in the manufacturing process.
By relentlessly striving to improve quality in manufacturing operations, manufacturers can satisfy existing customers and win new ones. What’s more, an effective quality manufacturing plan can help manufacturing organizations avoid the expensive and damaging consequences of field failures, product recalls and, in the Life Sciences industry, regulatory action.
Quality Manufacturing Process
The pursuit of quality in manufacturing is often hindered by cumbersome, paper-based recordkeeping systems used to track production activities in the manufacturing process. These paper systems are susceptible to human error – resulting in production delays and even the shipment of faulty products. Because these systems also lack visibility into the manufacturing process, it is difficult to reliably track components and extract vital data needed to ensure high quality manufacturing processes.
Striving to improve quality in manufacturing, regulatory compliance and efficiency, manufacturers are replacing paper records with automated manufacturing execution system (MES) software. Manufacturing Execution and Enterprise Quality Management software enforce adherence to correct manufacturing procedures and eliminate recordkeeping errors and the time-consuming reviews meant to catch them. These MES systems also improve component traceability and allow quick and easy access to key product and process data, bringing quality in the manufacturing process. Other benefits include increased line yield and throughput, and significantly reduced cycle time and out-of-box failures.
Quality in Manufacturing Industry
A Manufacturing Execution and Enterprise Quality Management Software platform enforces adherence to the manufacturing process – ensuring that tasks are completed in the proper sequence by properly trainer operators. In addition a manufacturing and quality system ensures that all process data are collected and that measurements and test results meet specifications. It also detects nonconformance and ensures that production problems trigger appropriate corrective actions.
Manufacturing Execution and Enterprise Quality Management software yields many other benefits, including:
- Less work in progress (WIP) inventory. Every lot, batch, or unit is tracked through every operation. Improved visibility of WIP helps plant personnel identify and eliminate production bottlenecks.
- Increased line yield. Early detection of manufacturing quality problems, easier access to data leading to their cause, and resulting process and training improvements can improve manufacturing quality and increase yield more than 10%.
- Increased throughput and reduced cycle time. Minimizing non-value-added activities such as paperwork, rework, and redundant checks can boost throughput by almost 40% and slash cycle time by nearly 25%.
- Improvements to quality in the manufacturing process are made possible by easier and greater access to product and process data can cut nonconformance nearly in half.
- Quality in manufacturing yields process improvements that can also reduce field failures by almost 70%.
- Lower risk of poor quality manufacturing - in-process manufacturing controls ensure that employees have the required training before working an operation, thereby reducing opportunity for errors.
Learn more about how Camstar's customers have improved quality in manufacturing.